Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Long Weekend

Hola! Hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great week so far! I'm so excited that it's almost the end of the workday and tomorrow is already Wednesday! woohoo

So, one of the perks of my job is that I get FIVE WHOLE WEEKS of paid time off a year, and thus, even with taking a week off at Christmas, I still have some time I need to take, otherwise I lose it. And the past couple of weeks have been really busy and tiresome for Chris and I so we decided to take off 1.5 days at the end of last week. Granted it would've been awesome to get away, but since we're on a strict budget, we decided to have a lil stay-cation. Now, we did splurge a lil by doing things that we NEVER do like going to the movies and out to eat a couple of times. But overall, besides the fact that the Cowboys RUINED my weekend by not showing up to play on Sunday, it was a very nice time.

We started Thursday by taking Patti out for lunch for her bday. Then we came home and took a NAP, TOGETHER! Wow, was that nice! :) Then we decided at the last minute to go see a movie. So, at 8pm, which is usually nearing bedtime on a weekday, we headed off to see Wall Street 2. The movie was just okay, but Chris and I LOVE going to the movies, and LOVE eating the popcorn and having hot tamales!!! So even though the movie wasn't great, it was a fun time!

Then, without an alarm to wake us, we got up leisurely on Friday morning, had a yummy breakfast at IHOP and headed off on an excursion in the car. I dunno if any of you know this, but my husband is quite the adventurer/explorer, and he was dying to take some unknown roads through the mountains and see where they ended up! OH MY! AND guess what? In my old age, I have somehow developed a case of car sickness, so his exploring through scary mountain roads and my queasiness always make for interesting times. :) BUT I barely had any sickness for the 2 plus hours we drove around, and we had a good time just being together and seeing some different places in Colorado. have I mentioned how much I LOVE living here? It is breathtakingly beautiful!!!

So, then we got some yummy Tully's coffee (Krista if you are reading this I know you are dying of jealousy...there's a Tully's now in a King Soopers that is 15 minutes from us now)...well, I got chai, of course, ran a few errands and then played cards and had dinner with Chris' parents.

So, like I said, it was nothing spectacular or fancy, but boy was it nice to have some time off just to be together, with no time constraints and a lil splurging! :) Just thought I'd share, since for the most part, we're boring and there's usually not much to tell ya! lol

Love you! xoxo ~hol

No comments: