Friday, February 12, 2010

St. Valentine's Weekend

So generally I make quite a big deal about VDay to my husband because, though he is a wonderful hubby, he is not very romantic (which is something I knew before I married him). And the past 2 VDay's that we have had together, he has done a GREAT job. I mean GREAT! And, as usual, this year, I have been talking about VDay alot and going on and on about it so he wouldn't forget about it and would do something exciting again. BUT then I have been talking to a bunch of my girlfriends who are planning fun and romantic stuff for their hubbies for VDay, and I guess I was convicted about how selfish I was being about VDay being a time where only Chris needed to do something for ME! And obviously we do not have lotsa money to be doing anything really spectacular, but I do have a few lil things up my sleeve for the weekend. And so not to ruin any surprises, though I do not even think Chris knows the address of "our" blog or anything, I will only tell you the things I have already done and not the things to come. But I have a few LIL things planned throughout the entire weekend, and I am SO EXCITED to "reveal" them to Chris a lil at a time!
So, last night was the beginning of the celebratory weekend, and I gave Chris his VDay card and made him some of his fave cookies...the holiday ones from Pillsbury. He ate them up and LOVED it! And he even shared a few with me, too! hahaha

And this morning, he is off doing editing stuff at home, so I got his coffee ready to go for him, when he wakes up AND left him a lil postcard saying that he gets to enjoy a Nag-free weekend of NASCAR. You see, my hubby is a huge NASCAR fan (yuck, I know, but this, too is something I knew about him before I married him), and the silly sport of NASCAR always begins its new season over VDay weekend. So my biggest gift to Chris this weekend is that he gets to watch all the NASCAR he wants to, and I will not say a word about it!
Well, thanks for "listening" today, and I will fill you in on the other surprises later. I'm just so excited about getting to surprise Chris with a few lil things that I wanted to share it with SOMEONE! So, like I said, thanks for "listening!"
Happy VDay to all of you!!!!!!

No comments: