Thursday, February 11, 2010

1/3 of a Reunion

So after almost 3 years (and many life events), Krista & I got to see each other again. So, I hadn't met either of her precious boys, and she had not yet met Chris. And actually no one that I lived with in Cali at Mission Year had met Chris, so it was very exciting for Krista to meet him! I also got to see Krista's youngest and newly married and expecting sis, Alisa and meet her hubby. So, though they have been and will be here all week for a Landscaping thing in Downtown Denver, we only got to see each other for 2 hours at dinner last night! But those 2 hours were amazing, and honestly, it felt like no time had passed at all since I last saw my lil dreamer!!! We met at the Rock Bottom Brewery and talked and talked and laughed and got to know everyone better and reminisced about the past, and well, it was a very short time, which was sad, but I am so thankful that we got the time together!!!! So, here are a few pics...
Krista, Justin, Spencer & sleeping Jackson

DeGroot & Bartlett clans

Spence's scowl, which we saw a lot of :)

Alisa, Miguel & Baby (coming soon) Rivera
Krista Lynn, I love you and cherish your friendship and am so thankful to be blessed with such wonderful friends who love the Lord! Thank you for coming to see me, and hopefully we can do it again sometime sooner than another 3 years! xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Holly Scott DeGroot said...

oh, and i called this post one thrid of a reunion because sadly, we were still missing 4 of our other roommies from Mission Year! love and miss you guys!!!!

Carissa said...

So glad you got to see your friend and meet her family after such a long time...Oh and I LOVE Rock Bottom Brewery. Every time I went to Milwaukee I had to eat there!