Friday, December 10, 2010

Mom's Visit-Post #2

So, after grabbing a Starbucks (compliments of mom...thanks, madre) in Denver's 16th Street Mall and walking around a bit down there, we headed a lil north to Hammond's Candy Factory. They give free tours, and for someone who loves the Food Network's "Unwrapped," I was PUMPED to see candy being made LIVE! :) I know I am a total dork, but seriously, I LOVE watching stuff being made. The tour was pretty quick and not too involved, but it was a really cool (and FREE) thing to do and very fun to see the process...

Waiting for the candy to cool a bit


After the candy has been stretched on the pulling machine...

The pulling machine was totally one of the coolest parts because it turned from that brown color you see when it's cooling to almost white. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of that, though. :(

Now he is rolling the striped piece around the almost white piece...this will eventually become a CANDY CANE! Cool, huh?


And just a random pic of the ribbon candy.


Ok, so I have to say that I am just beaming with pride after having two posts in a row with PICTURES! Hope you guys enjoyed them! Will post more about the rest of mom's visit next week! Have a blessed weekend!!! xoxo

1 comment:

Krista Bartlett said...

You are so cute and I loved all the info and pics. It is a lot of work and you should be proud. Love ya and miss you.