Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Birthday

I can't believe it has taken me 1.5 weeks to post about my birthday. My husband deserves so much doting, which I have done to tons of people in person, but not yet here on my blog. So, now is the time. Let me take you thru the day of my 31st bday....
Sadly, I did have to work on my bday, but my gift to myself was taking off the 2 days following my bday, so 8 hours of work on Wednesday, but then I was off for FOUR wonderfully long and relaxing days!
So, Chris picked me up at work at 4pm, and we did have to head to the chiropractor first. But after that, we grabbed dinner at one of my fave sandwich places, The Spicy Pickle, and headed home. When I got home, Chris said that I was only allowed to sit and eat dinner until I opened my gift. So, we ate some YUMMY sandwiches, and then he gave me a really big gift bag to open. He got me a very cute and funny card saying something like being married to me was better than being in a recliner with a beer in hand, with total control of the remote. haha He also got me 2 shirts that were on clearance from Kohl's (he so knows me) and the verse from Joshua 24:15 that says "as for me and my house, we'll serve the Lord," as one of those vinyl lettering things that you put up on a wall.

this is now the 1st thing you see when you walk thru our front door, which is something i have always wanted.

And the last thing in my gift bag, was some sorta of shelf hanger thingy, which led me to believe that Chris was going to re-do my closet as one of my bday gifts. We've been talking about this for quite some time. Chris and I know we'll most likely be in our condo for several more years in order to be able to turn a profit on it, and we also watch alot of HGTV and get ideas about home improvement projects all the time. But having more than one boring hanging rod and one shelf in our closet going across the entire thing, is something I have wanted for quite some time. So, I was excited to see this hanger thingy in my bag, BUT I didn't quite know the full meaning of it, until Chris said, "Now I still have a lil painting to do, but go look at your closet..." And this is what I saw...(now remember that all it was before I went to work at 8am that same morning, was one bar under one shelf across both walls of our closet...

I dunno how much you can tell from this picture, but with the help of one of his buddies, my hubby, in one workday did all of this built-in shelving and put up extra bars! Isn't that sooooooooo sweet???? I have these pics in my phone and have been showing them to every girl I know, and they all say, "I want one. Please show this to my husband!" :) lol So, here is what it looks like with clothes in it. Both my side and his. And I must tell you that I now have almost all of my clothes in this one closet instead of in this one and in the spare bedroom's closet!


And THEN, that night, my hubby had secretly gotten some Blue Bell ice cream, which had just come to Colorado and is my all-time fave ice cream brand ever,and he surprised me with that as we celebrated my bday with his family! Oh SO YUMMY!

So, as if all of that wasn't enough, we had a GREAT day off on Thursday and went to the movies, which I blogged about yesterday, and then on Friday night, my hubby surprised me AGAIN with a surprise party! My girlfriends asked me a lil while ago to go out with them to an unknown location for dinner on Friday night. We were meeting at one of their houses, and Chris was coming with me, because he was going over to help the husband of that house hang a tv mount while we were at dinner. He brought his tools and everything, and then when I walked in the door, SURPRISE! All of our wonderful friends from church were there, and we ate yummy tacos and nachos and had my fave cake, funfetti cake for dessert.

Whew! So, he has DEFINITELY MORE THAN made up for not making a very big deal last year of my 30th, and wow, do I have an amazing hubby or what?
Just had to dote on him! :)

2 comments:

Krista Bartlett said...

Hols,
This is the cutest post EVER. I am so proud of your hubby. You need to be used as an example at a marriage confrence or something. You need to tell me where he got veres because I really want one too.

Anonymous said...

yay! i love that Chris spoiled you for your birthday... and i LOVE your closet ... and that you posted on here cause then i can catch up iwth you even though I've been lame with emails/chats lately. love you holly! :)
Tami Lea