Saturday, March 26, 2011

2.5 more weeks go by....

I HOPE to write a couple of posts this morning, but I'm to the point where it makes no sense anymore to promise things like that. So, I will just do one post at a time and see where we get. I'm going to start at the most recent and go backwards...

This 1st post is going to be about movies. Chris and I have always loved watching movies as a couple. When we were 1st married, we went to the movies almost every weekend, but that was something we cut out since then. So, now we also enjoy using redbox and renting movies for $1. If you dunno about redbox, look it up, because it is one of the coolest things ever; especially if you're a movie buff!

Anyways, so we have had the privilege lately of getting to go to the movies a few times, one as a splurge for my bday (which is going to be another full post), and once last night because we had free fandango tickets. We also have rented some more movies lately because we got a redbox deal for even CHEAPER rentals than $1 each. That being said, I just wanted to tell you about a few of our recent favorites.


Last night, we saw The Lincoln Lawyer. It was a good movie that kept my attention the entire 2 hours. I enjoyed it, but was the TINIEST bit disappointed because I felt it was a lil predictable. But I would still recommend it.


Last week on one of my days off, we went to a matinee of Just Go With It. Now Chris and I both LOVED this one! I'd been dying to see it since it came out anyways, because it looks hilarious and I really like Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, but sometimes, in my opinion, Adam Sandler movies, though always funny, can be a lil crude. Well, I will say that I felt like this one was low on crudeness and VERY high on cuteness and humor! I HIGHLY recommend this!


In the last couple of weeks, we rented The Next Three Days, with Russell Crowe, and I thought this one looked interesting from its first appearance in theaters, but I wasn't quite sure about it, and I hadn't known anyone who'd seen it and could comment on it. But we LOVED it! It was a great all-around suspense/action movie that I highly recommend.


And finally, had to throw one in that we did not like....How Do You Know. I have been dying to see this one since it hit theaters but have very impatiently waited for it to finally hit redbox. So we rented it this week, right after it came out. I LOVE Reese Witherspoon and have alos liked alot of movies starring Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd. BUT in my opinion, this movie was weird and SLOOOOOOOOOOOW from the beginning, all the way to the very end. Now, it wasn't so bad, that we were tempted to turn it off, but I was just glad that I was at home and could get up now and then and do other things to accommodate my ADD. :) It did have enough humor to keep us going, but if someone had told me this before I watched the movie, I really dunno if I would've wasted even a dollar to rent it.

Alright, people, that's one, and now I am going to go read and drink some coffee. Hopefully, I will be back on later today or tomorrow to write some more! :)

1 comment:

Krista Bartlett said...

I am thankful for your recommendations Hols. We don't watch a ton of TV, but when we do snuggle up on the couch we don't want it to be a waste of time.
Love you!