Monday, August 2, 2010

Sorry!!!!

I seriously have no idea where the month of July went, but I am so sorry that it has been over a month since my last post. Unfortunately I still do not have pictures to add to this post, either!!! :(

Just wanted to update you real quick on a couple of things...
I have my annual review at work on Thursday. I cannot believe I have been here for 2 whole years as of July...wow! I am liking it okay. Mostly, I am just happy to have a job in this horrible economy, and everyday I am trying to view my job more and more as my mission field. That change of attitude has definitely helped my perspective on having to go to work every day! Anyways, the past 2 reviews did not go all that well for me (i.e. last year is when they told me they were thinking about getting rid of my job or cutting my hours), so if you could just be praying over that time with my immediate boss, Veronica, over my feelings (and Chris') post-review - no matter what happens, and just for a peace during and leading up to the review.

In two weeks, Chris will have a wedding every weekend for 3 consecutive weeks! Other than that, though, the biz and all "extra" stuff he has done in the past is pretty slow, so you could definitely keep praying over this.

Patti is doing pretty good. She is down to ONE LAST CHEMO TREATMENT, which'll be next Wed - PRAISE GOD! And tho it looked bleak at first, this last half of treatments hasn't been TOO BAD. Her surgery is scheduled for Sept 21st and then she'll have several months of going back in every couple of months for the breast reconstruction. But as of about March or April of next year, she should be (Lord-willing) cancer-free and completely done with all of this and bad to "normal." As far as the gene thing goes, though, we really don't know much else, so nothing new has happned on that front with Jen or Chris.

I guess that is about it, for now. Thank you so much for bearing with me and my monthly (or less) posts and my pictureless, long posts!!!! I love you all so very much and am truly blessed to have people in my life who have a common love for the Lord and who I can count on to pray with me! PLEASE let me know how you're doing and what I can be praying for, specifically, for you!!!

Hol

No comments: