Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fear

It's funny to see how different some posts are from the previous ones. I just now noticed that my last post was titled "God, You are so good," and the thing is that He IS good and holy and perfect and loving, and I KNOW He is going to take care of Chris and I through all of this. BUT I must admit that I started this day on a pretty bogged-down, fearful and stressed note.
As some of you who might have facebook might've seen on my profile, I am currently reading the book "The Power of a Praying Wife." It's funny how God's timing is always present in our lives...I've had this book since November (my precious friend, Melissa gave me a copy knowing that I'd been wanting to read it for a while), and for whatever reasons I have only just recently wanted and been convicted to read this book. And it is hilarious and so not coincidental that everyday I read it, the subject is EXACTLY what I needed to hear or exactly what Chris needed prayers for that day. I am SURE many of you know what I am talking about and have had very similar occasions with the Spirit's leading.
So, after the "start" I got to the day, I open up to read a quick chapter today, and of course it's on fear and how the ONLY fear we should ever have is fear of the Lord and if we have that, He will bless us with many other things like security, mercy, protection, knowledge, etc.
That is my personal "lesson" today, and I just thought I would share it with you! This all stemmed from the fact that this is the month when Chris' unemployment runs out along with having no word (and obviously no money) from any of the business ventures that we thought were going to be coming alot sooner. This is SUCHA scary time, BUT I KNOW that "the Lord is my light & my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Ps 27:1 So I claim this over our lives and am going to try my best to trust in Him, to fear Him and NOTHING else, and to let Him play out this time of our lives to His glory!

No comments: