Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Exciting News

Well, I have decided to continue more original journey to become a High School teacher. It's funny because both of my parents were teachers (dad still is...going on like 40 years or so - WOW!), but in HS and college, teaching NEVER crossed my mind. But over Christmas break, it just kinda hit me again, that that's something I really wanted to do. I love High Schoolers and have always volunteered with the Youth Group wherever I have gone to church, and I figure this is a great wya to minister to them outside of church as well. So, I will take 2 tests, one in Mar and one in Apr, and HOPEFULLY I will pass them the first time and then be eligible to start looking for teaching positions in the area. So, if you could just say a lil prayer for all of this, Chris and I would really appreciate it. We're both pretty excited but kinda anxious about the change as well.

3 comments:

mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mom said...

Way to go Holly! Sometimes the hardest part is just deciding on what you want to do! And now you have done that! We're all real proud of you. Oh by the way, I deleted my first comment because it hard so many misspellings in it :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm proud of you... I KNOW you will be a good teacher -- you are right that you have the love for that age group AND you'll get summers and christmas off so you can start planning a trip to come see us! heehee.Love you! Tami Lea