Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Guess what happened today?

So, yesterday I was talking to my mom, and though I should've realized that this would be the case, I found out that my sis and fam (who mom now lives with) are going to DFW for Thanksgiving next week. And since we have a split family on our side, and my sister's in-laws only have one extra bedroom, my mom wasn't going to be able to go. WHICH leaves her at home from Wed to Sun, ALL ALONE for the holiday!!!! :( So, of course, I was devastated when I heard this. Now, like I said, my sis has in-laws and my dad's side of the fam all in the metroplex, and since we're going to Houston for Christmas, which means they're staying there for us, I should've known this owuld be the case. But I just hadn't thought about ti til I talked to my mom yesterday! And now I am devastated for her! And she is openly a lil bummed about the whole thing. So, my hubby, as precious as he is, last night when I told him, decided we should try and figure out a way for her to come up here next week and be with us. So, we had his dad, who knows people within Frontier looking for buddy passes for her, but that would mean she was on standby. So, as Chris was telling his mom, Patti, about all this, she said we definiatley don't wnat her flying standby during such high traffic times, and she offered to buy mom's way to come up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that awesome? I mean, do I have the best in-laws, or what? :) So, instead of being all alone, NOW, my mom is ocming here in ONE WEEK! AND staying until the following monday! woohoo

Just ad to share this wonderful blessing with you and praise my in-laws for being amazingly generous and thoughful!!! xoxoxo Happy Holidays!!!

3 comments:

Carissa said...

You aren't kidding. What great in-laws you have!!

Lindsay said...

That is pretty awesome and how cool that you get to see your mom for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

Holly Scott DeGroot said...

yes, carissa, they're wonderful! and so darn thoughtful and generous pretty much all of the time! :)

yes, linds its sucha blessing that i get to see mom for both holidays! that hasnt happened in i dunno how long, so im soaking it in for sure!

thanks, girls!!!! xoxo